Monday, May 15, 2006

Blah weekend, Happy Mother's Day, And my Sis!

The past 4 or 5 days have SUCKED! Overcast. Cold. And rain. Not steady. But not stopping. On and off. But always gloomy. And it seems my moods as reflected the same. I have not been my normal chipper self. Ugh!

I didn't get anything done around the house over the weekend. Nothing! I got the oil changed in the truck. And kept up with the dishes. That's it! I did hit the Library last week so I looked at a couple books. Kelly does a book a weekend. I do a chapter a weekend.

So I thought Mother's Day was last week. Whew. Plenty of time to get my mom a card. Went shopping Tuesday and picked one out. Even went ahead and got a graduation card for my nephew. I'm on the ball! But of course, I sign the card... and never get it in the mail. When it comes to sending cards or gifts in the mail, I am a loser. I am just bad about it. Unlike my Dad, who NEVER misses a holiday. Or birhtday. Or any day. Never misses. Without fail. I'll send it off this week. I'll see if I can get the girls to draw a picture to send with it to make up.

I'm going to send off the graduation card this week! Otherwise he won't see it until next month.

Saturday the girls and I hit The Doodlebug store. That is where Momma teaches scrapbookin'. They always like picking out presnets and I really like for them to be able to give things that they were invloved in getting. So they looked around the store and picked out a couple items for Kelly for Mother's day. McKenna picked out a tan inking or chalk pad and then found two really cool print papers to match. Micah was grabbing every piece of paper she could find and eventually settled on some stripped vellum and a matching Basil. Man, how did she know to grab that? To top it off she really liked a tiny set of feet stamp. Mara quickly decided on some paper and then walked over to the store owner and told her specifically that she wanted some "school rub-ons". Sure enough, they had some school themed rub-ons. Then they came home and drew pictures for Momma. With the main theme being jewelry. They really wanted to get Momma some diamond rings and necklaces for Mother's Day. So she got picture jewelry.

I really wasn't sure they would make it through the evening without mentioning to Kelly. Normally they aren't good about keeping secrets. But if they didn't think about it then they wouldn't talk about it. So I was hoping.

We made it through the evening without event. Kelly had already recieved her big gift "iPod Nano" three weeks ago. And her Breakfast two weeks ago. But one more suprise would be nice. So after everyone was in bed I laid out the gifts and the pictures so that when Kelly left for work at 5:30am she would have a surprise.

Sunday the girls and I went to church in Keensburg. (Where Kelly and I got married.) I really wasn't wanting to go. I told them we were going on Saturday. But was up until after 1am and knew I wouldn't want to get up in the morning. When we got up at 8:30 I told them that we didn't have time to make it to church... and they about ripped my head off. "Okay, okay", I told them. If they could get ready in 30 minutes we could go. I expected it to be horrible. Anyone with kids that age knows how hard it is getting them going (dressed, brush hair, brush teeeth, etc.). But surprisingly we got out of there on time. They really are getting more independent. It is nice.

I even made Mara's hair look good. I was impressed! I'm really not good with the girl's hair.

So after church it was off to the big Mother's Day get together on Kelly's side fo the family. Of course, she was working. But I really do enjoy her family events since I grew up not getting to do stuff like that. And the girls really love seeing everyone and playing with their cousins.

Monday night we hit Wal-Mart. I dropped almost $300 on mostly groceries. And didn't buy anything for more than $20. I think it is a new record.

Wenesday I'm taking the afternoon off and going to Kindergarten with Mara. This will be the second time I've gone to school with her this year. I'm getting really smart. :) We will eat lunch in the cafeteria before her afternoon class starts. I really do enjoy it. I help the teacher during class and play with the kids at recess. And just think... I have two more years of Kindergarten to look forward too! (McKenna & Micah)

I've also been thinking about my sis a lot lately. I love my sis. She is a great influence in my life. She's been a role model for me since we were young. And I don't think she ever knew. But that's the problem with guys. We just don't talk enough.


My Top Five for the day ...

...Pet Peeves
1. Stuff on the stairs - I hate having to worry about stepping on stuff on the stairs to the basement. Whether it is scrapbooking supplies that Kelly is meaning to take to her room. Or toys that the girls were playing with and never put away.
2. Empty containers in the fridge - Come on... when you take the last of the Koool-Aid is it that hard to put it on the counter by the sink?
3. Cat litter that doesn’t get cleaned for 3 days - Which wouldn't be as bad if it weren't in the utility room right off the kitchen.
4. Trash – When things aren’t broke down. You can't put big open containers in the trash. You can't. You have to break them down. Gallon jugs and two liter bottles with the lids twisted tight are the worst. All that air is just taking up space.
5. Grabbing – The girls still have the less-than-perfect manners of a young child and we are constantly working with them . But the one that drives me nuts is the grabbing. McKenna wants a toy that Mara has… she just grabs it. Micah wants a drink of the soda McKenna has… she just grabs it. They don't think to ask or even speak. They just grab. (The exceptions to the grabbing issue is when Kelly is the grabber and I'm the grabbee. Or vice versa.)

Food
1. Almonds – I don’t know what it is. I really like nuts in general. Not peanuts. Nuts. Peanuts are not nuts. Almonds, Pecans, Walnuts… Love them! And KJ can’t stand when I put them in cookies.
2. Bacon – I’m not sure, but I think I could eat bacon every day. I’d try it, but I’d like to see the girls graduate. Bacon sandwiches (with lots of Miracle Whip and lettuce and a slice of cheese, hold the tomato) and soup are one of my favorite meals.
3. Chocolate - I am a chocoholic. And I've passed it on to McKenna.
4. Pizza - I know. This is boring. But I guess that is why it is the most popular food item. Right now I'd have to say my favorite is barbeque chicken and bacon from Papa Johns.
5. Cheese - Cheese is what makes the world go 'round. Not money. Not love. Not the gravitational collapse of accreting material whose net translational motion is accelerated as its radius of rotation decreases in agreement of the angular momentum principle. Not that either. Cheese. Just about every good meal has cheese in it. Cheese rules!

3 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Ann said...

You lost me on #5...WHAT? And to think I went to college.
Woo Hoo on the bacon sandwiches.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger KJ said...

Hey, you didn't bust on me this time around, food stamp boy! ;) Oh, and it was a surprise, but I found the bag of scrap goodies in Mara's closet that evening. She told me I could go ahead and look at it! But, I was good, and I didn't!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Steven said...

#5... scientific explanation as to why the Earth rotates. (Thanks to Google.) :)


KJ!!! I should have known. But I must say... I'm am impressed you didn't look.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home