Friday, June 23, 2006

Where'd you go... I miss you so...

Seems like it's been forever since you've been gone.

Man, it's been awhile since I posted. I need to keep in the habit. Writing is good for the mind and soul.

Of course not much has been going on. Typical routine. Wake up. Go to work. Work. Come home from work. Make dinner. Clean up. Wash kids. Tuck them in bed.

Of course there are always the nice moments in the day. Like having your 3 1/2 year old climb in bed at 5:30am and snuggle with you. Or waking up to a childs smile asking "Can we get doughnuts?"

And I'm getting addicted to going out walking at lunch. Those are nice moments away from the ho-hum day. I got in 4 days this week and 3 last. Been doing well. Not sure I can average more than 4 days a week. Either errands to run or lunch with the boys will always come up. I've been throwing some jogs into my walks. Walking sometimes is too boring. Maybe relaxing. But boring.

I about cried the other day. On Monday after my walk my MP3 batteries were about dead so I went to change them. New batteries. Player wouldn't turn on. :( UGH! So I messed with. And messed with it. Nothing. So I try new batteries. And mess with it. And mess with it. Was getting frustrated. Going walking isn't the same without my MP3 player. But this morning I tried changing the batteries one more time. And WHOA! It worked.

We have tried to hit the pool a couple times this week but the rain is killing us. Sunday we went swimming for about an hour before the rain cut it short. Then on Monday we went and only got to swim for a little until a rain storm came through. Ditto on Tuesday. Wednesday it let up and allowed us to hit Mara's tee-ball game. That was nice. It is nice to get out more. We tend to be homebodies sometime and need to get out and socialize more.

OH! I got a pressure washer for Father's Day. Which was cool. I've been wanting one. Especially since our water pressure at the house it horrible. With the bad weather I've only got it out once but hopefully I'll get to play with it this weekend.

I just got majorly psyched this morning. And then the air let out. I got an email from Ticketmaster that said there was a Kenny Chesney concert in Indy on Sept 3. I had written down in my calendar that Aunt Kasara's wedding was Sept 2. So Kelly would be off work that weekend. We could head up to Indy and I could surprise her with one of her favorite country music singers. But who to watch the girls. I thought about KJ's cousin. But she would probably have Labor Day Weekend plans. Then I remembered. My mom would be back from Florida. Sweet. I give her a call and propose the plot. She says no problem. Sweet. So I'm looking at more info on the web about the concert. And then I call Kelly to make sure she doesn't have plans for the remained or that weekend. That's when she reminds me that she had Labor Day weekend off but had to trade her weekend for the 16th... which is the wedding. DOH! Man, and I do love surprising KJ. :(

I need to and another website to my Top 5. Wikipedia. I love reading about history and geography. And from wiki I can read one topic and hot link to another and another and another. Love it.

Something else I had been doing that is fun but I don't have much time for is hitting the "Next Blog" button at the top of the page. That is too cool. Reading some random websites. I read one about a lady in England who had some kind of terminal problem and was having to move back in with her parents. Another was a lady in Iraq who was very forethright about what is going over there. Bashing the US. Bashing the Iraqis. Telling it like it is. Both were very depressing. But very interesing. And reading things like that sure can make you appreciate what you have.

OH OH OH!!! I finally finished a book. It only took me 6 weeks. Not bad, eh? :) My other two books couldn't be renewed (only allowed twice). So I got two other ones. We'll see how we do with these. Now I've got one book done, and only about 20 more to catch up with KJ. lol

Not much planned for this weekend. Hopefully alot of swimming. And if I get real ambitions I'll clean out my garage and organize it.

Next week the WSOP starts. I'm running a homemade "Fantasy League". Because I'm a geek. And it's fun. 14 team. 3 payouts. Wish me luck.

Have a great weekend!

My Top 5...

Songs currently on my MP3 Player

1. Rascal Flatts Life is a Highway - We just saw Cars last week. This is one of the few songs that the remake is even better than the original.
2. Fort Minor Where'd You Go - This song has a great beat. Intense lyrics. And a nice blend of rap with a beautiful melodic voice.
3. Hannah Montana Best of Both Worlds - It's really sad I get into these kids songs. But this one has a ton of energy. Great for walking. And if you listen to Miley Cyrus... she sounds more like a mature country singer than a kid. Maybe the next Lee Anne Rymes.
4. Neal McCoy Billy's Got His Beer Goggles On - This is just a fun song that gets me pumped while I am walking.
5. Anne Hatheway Don't Go Breaking My Heart - I admitted to KJ that I've been crushing on Anne. (I sure like my Annes!) But what do you expect... the girls have like 3 movies with her.
6. Bon Jovi Who Says You Can't Go Home Yeah... big deal. So I put 6 on here.

Rest of the song on my MP3 Player in random order...
Shakira Hips Don't Lie
KLF Justified and Ancient
Nirvana Teen Spirt Remix
Nylons Chain Gang
Chuck Berry My Ding-a-ling-a-ling
??? Son of a Preacher Man
Gorillaz Feel Good Inc.
Chumba Wumba I Get Knocked Down
Jimmy Eat World The Middle
Gloria Gaynor I Will Survive (from The Replacements)
Tom Petty Free Falling
Adam Ant Goody Two Shoes
All American Rejects Dirty Little Secret
Riverdance Lord of the Dance
Mighty Mighty Bosstones Someday I Suppose
Ray Stevens Cannon Ball Run Theme
Paul Simon You Can Call Me Al
Gorillaz Dare
MC Hammer U Can't Touch This
Sugarland Baby Girl
Ugly Kid Joe Everything About You
Metallica Enter Sandman
Mighty Mighty Bosstones The Impression That I Get
Gwen Stefani Hollaback Girl
Harry Belafonte Jump in the Line
SHEDaisy Don't Worry 'Bout a Thing
Back Street Boys Just Want You to Know
Digital Underground The Humpty Dance
Rocky Horror Time Warp Dance
Imperial March (Star Wars)
Weezer Buddy Holly
OAR That was a Craxy Game of Poker
Sir Mix Alot Baby Got Back
KT Tunstall Black Horse and The Cherry Tree
DJ Casper Cha Cha Slide
Keney Chesney Summertime
Daniel Powter Bad Day
Rolling Stones Route 66
Kayne West Gold Digger
Blink 182 All the Small Things
Toby Keith I Love This Bar
Gorillaz Clint Eastwood
Rihanna Pon De Replay
Joe Nichols Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off
Big and Rich Big Time
Queensryche Silent Lucidity

1 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Ann said...

I'm so glad you like "Anns'"! Inner Sandman ROCKS! Keep us updated on that garage cleaning...that's 3 weeks and counting! haha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home