Monday, August 21, 2006

Utter devestation

This weekend was sad. A very very sad day. Saturday the girls cleaned up the house (to my specification, no Kelly's, big gap there) and we loaded up after lunch to hit the Jasper City Pool. Ever since the last time we went they have kept asking about when they could go again. I kept promising them that Momma or myself would take them one more time before it closed. So we pack up the bag. I grab the camera so I can take some pics of JoJo on the high dive. We drive into town. Pull into the pool. And no one is there. We pull up aside it. There is no water. It has been drained. I then had to go into an explanation with the girls. Poor Poppins was mortified. She was balling her eyes out the entire time. Mara thought it was just closed because it looked like it was going to rain. I tried to explain to her that it was closed for the year. I'm not sure she believed me. We sat there for a couple minutes in shock.

I just had a preconviced idea that ALL pools are open from Memorial weekend until Labor Day weekend. It didn't even occur to me that the pool could be closed. But school had started that week and my only guess was that when school started, the pool closed.

So we decide to drown our misery in Momma hugs and swing by the hospital since it was only a couple blocks away. KJ consoled us. Even though the girls didn't act like they needed consoling running up and down the hallways like idiots. Finally we left and were going to go to the pool at my mom's camp. But on the way to the car I decided to call up a friend who had just put in an in ground pool this summer and we ended up crashing at his place for a couple hours. With some kids there and a whole ton of toys, the day was saved.

Oh, school started this week. Kelly is in such a nicer mood this last week. :)

Mara and McKenna both seem to love it. Yet Micah is disappointed that she doesn't get to go. But preschool starts up next week.

Last week I was a bum on walking at lunch. I got in Monday. Then had lunch with the boys on Tuesday and Wednesday. Then had to "cram for my exam" on Thursday and Friday. That's the excuse I give Kelly when I geek out over reviewing statistics et al for Fantasy Football. But that is what I love. I love combing the web for FF sites. I like compiling the data. Trying to figure out who is going to have a good year and who isn't. Ranking all the players. Planning a draft strategy. That's my fun. 'Cause I'm a geek. But hey, you just gotta be who you are. Oh but to my point... I walked today. Back on the horse.

Didn't do too much this weekend other than swimming. Cleaned up my garage for about 30 minutes. I think it looks worse now than when I started. LOL I got a new toy from my step dad that he didn't use anymore. Air compressor. It looks promising. But can't be as fun as the pressure washer. I got the general duties done. Dishes. Put some laundry away. Washed some towels. (I'm not allowed to wash anything else. Well, unless it is my own clothes... and I put them away myself.) Other than that I was a complete Poker / Fantasy Football bum this weekend. Felt good!

The county highway department is trying to pave our road/cul-de-sac. Its like chip-n-seal that was dirt and isn't in the best condition. But seems there are issues with where the current road is and how the drainage is set up. It will be sweet to have it paved. I just hope they get the issues resolved... and it doesn't cost us much money. When the road gets paved we will concrete the rest of the driveway to the road and have the sidewalk to the front door put in.

Soccer started for the girls. It was a warm day. And after one practice, McKenna was ready to quit. Said it was too hot. But I talked her through the issue. Let her know that the decision was up to her but there were consequences. Talked about why she didn't like it and what we could do about it. I think she is going back. But we'll see how it goes.

First FF draft is this Wednesday. But the "main" one with "all the boys" will be right before or after Labor Day weekend. Still trying to nail a date for that.

Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Ann said...

Sorry about the pool thing. you can bring them over here to swim anytime, if you want to drive to Newburgh!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Steven said...

Is there ever any skinny dipping? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home